Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Tuesday, July 1, 2014

HAVE A SEAT: ANNE BAXTER CAMPBELL!


I'm a small-town Christian woman living in the farming community of Willows, California, on a ranch/farm with cattle, orchards, crops, deer, wild turkeys, and billions of other birds. And my hubby--can't forget my precious hubby.
My short stories MENDED BY MOTHER'S DAY (released in March 2014), ONCE UPON A CHRISTMAS EVE (released in December 2013) and HER BEST WORST CHRISTMAS (with Kathi Macias, released in February 2014) are available at Amazon and Barnes and Noble for 99 cents each. I'm working on three other short stories and a devotional that will be released later this year.

My full length historical novel THE ROMAN'S QUEST (released in October 2013) launched a new series called THE TRUTH TRILOGY. The second in the series, MARCUS VARITOR, CENTURION, release on March 5 and almost immediately went to Amazon's Hot New Releases, Available on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, and Kobobooks.com. All books are available at all three sites in ebook, and THE ROMAN'S QUEST and MARCUS VARITOR, CENTURION are available in paperback from Amazon.


                                                  What inspired you to become a writer?

I've written and/or edited my whole life, I think, in one form or another. However, I didn't think seriously about creative writing until I retired from a Federal career as an Engineering Technician in 2007.  I have written a speech for Toastmasters about a kitten we had.  When I showed it to my family, one of them said they thought it would make a cute children's book, and so the story (okay, stories) began.
    Which of of your books do you consider your
    pride and joy”?  Why?
Hm. That's a tough question. I'm going to confess something here. Once the books are published, I cringe when I read them--I want to change one more thing! But probably the one I wrote as part of Kathi Macias' 12 Days of Christmas might be it. (Mine was called Her B est Worst Christmas) On the other hand, the new release of the first volume of Kathi Macias' and my Summer in Sweetland might qualify too. (Mended by Mother's Day). Or maybe... It's sorta like asking which of my children I like best, to which I always answer, "Whichever one I happen to be hugging.
    Do you have any preparation rituals before you begin to write?
Two things: Prayer and Research. Prayer is easy--God always has the answers. Research is mostly easy and enjoyable, but sometimes getting some small detail is difficult--like what ingredients went into honey cakes, a first century treat? A person cannot assume that modern recipes would have been used at that point in time.

If you had to come up with a book title to describe your life, what would it be?
A book about my life? What a Mess! I made most mistakes in the Book and some not even written there.

If you had a chance to have dinner with any author who would it be?

Wow, what a question! There are so many! Fay Lamb, Kathi Macias, June Foster, Bob McMurray (you haven't heard of him yet, but you will!), and you, Patti. Oddly enough--I have sat down to dinner with all of them except you at one time or another!
    We all have family, work and other obligations...how do you maintain balance while in the middle of a writing project?
I have the most wonderful hubby in the world. Despite his health problems, he usually fixes dinner. Always fixes it when I'm under a crunch, plus cleans up and does the dishes. I do so appreciate that man! The rest of the stuff--cleaning house, yardwork, etc., sadly gets put on hold.
    What is the one piece of advice you received 
    about writing that helped you the most?
The one piece of advice I got that I cannot do without is "Pray!" And that's the biggest piece of advice I would pass on to others.
    Where can we purchase your books? How can we keep up with you?
I quit maintaining a website and much prefer that people follow me on Facebook (the only Anne Baxter Campbell there and have friend and fan pages) and Twitter (@Anne_Baxter_C).

    Last, but not least.....What and when is your next release?
I'm not positive, but I think the next release will be Fear Not, a devotional that will be published by Elk Lake Publishing. Over the past two years, God has been highlighting to me all the people who are suffering from cancer and handling that terrifying disease with the help of God, friends, and a considerable amount of intestinal fortitude. Cancer isn't the only fear in life, though, and this devotional is for those who face any fear. I'm not the only writer. In all, there are I think fifteen writers, including myself. None of us will see any royalties from this devo. All of the proceeds I (or we) would have received are instead going to cancer research.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!