Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or any other ministries.

Thursday, July 3, 2014

Declaration of Independence: A Spiritual Point of View

While contemplating 4th of July plans, a thought came into my ever-wandering mind.  We celebrate adoption of the Declaration of Independence on July 4th, but we can celebrate a spiritual declaration of independence every day!


Galatians 5:1
It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.”

Here are a few examples:

PAST SINS

II Chronicles 7:14If My people, who are called by My name, will humble themselves and pray and seek My face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”

Romans 6:11Consequently, you too must think of yourselves as (being) dead to sin and living for God in Christ Jesus..”

GUILT

Psalms 32: 1,2,5,6 “Blessed is he whose sins are forgiven, whose sins are covered. Blessed are those whose sins the LORD does not count against them, and in whose spirit is no deceit…You forgave the guilt of my sin.”

Isaiah 43:25 “I, even I, am He Who blots out your sins, for My own sake, and remember your sins no more”.

LONELINESS

Hebrews 13:5 "I will never forsake you or abandon you.”

Isaiah 54:10 “For the mountains may depart and the hills be removed, but my steadfast love shall not depart from you, and my covenant of peace shall not be removed,” says the Lord, who has compassion on you.”

ANGUISH

Matthew 11:28-29 “Come to me, all you who labor and are burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am meek and humble of heart; and you will find rest for your selves.”

Psalm 107:19-21 “Then they cried to the LORD in their trouble, and he saved them from their distress. He sent forth his word and healed them; he rescued them from the grave. Let them give thanks to the LORD for his unfailing love and his wonderful deeds for men.”

FEAR

Deuteronomy 31:6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you."
Psalm 27:1 “The LORD is my light and my salvation-- whom shall I fear? The LORD is the stronghold of my life-- of whom shall I be afraid?”


HAVE A BLESSED INDEPENDENCE DAY,
JULY 4TH AND ALWAYS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!