Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Tuesday, June 17, 2014

HAVE A SEAT: CN BRING!

CN Bring gravitated toward military intrigue and suspense coming from a military family and a mother who read nothing but mysteries. Many of her family members served in the Army and Navy and some are still serving today. The Celia Kelly Series has four books and counting; The Pact, The Lie, The Truth and The Disappearance. Bring’s extensive research and life experience lend an authentic feel to her Celia Kelly Series (Military/Mystery/Thriller). Bring is also a member of Christian Motorcyclist Association, Military Writers Society of America, Toastmasters International, Women’s National Book Association and part of Authors Supporting Troops.

What inspired you to become a writer?

I became bored with what I was reading and movies I was watching. I could predict the end in the first few pages or scene. I decided to take on the challenge of creating my own mysteries. In Christian Fiction it’s pretty rare to find hard core mysteries without tons of romance. I have love interests on occasion, but the mystery is really the heart and core of what I create. I might be classified as the Christian version of Tom Clancy & James Patterson.

I came by mystery and suspense naturally. My very first was Scooby Doo when I was a kid. It was my favorite cartoon. My mother had every book of Agatha Christi, Nancy Drew…you can name just about any mystery author… she has it and I became as hooked as she was. I had a review recently that compared me to Agatha Christi, which was such an honor to have my name share the same sentence with hers.

Which of your books do you consider your “pride and joy”? Why?

I have fun with each book I write. I love the research, the challenge of each story and I feel like I learn something new with each one. The first book I ever published, self-published back then, was The Pact Where Lines are Drawn. It was the book that later became the Celia Kelly Series. Only 300 copies were ever printed.

Do you have any preparation rituals before you begin to write?

I get up early, by 7:30 am I am catching up on social media, phone calls and e-mails. I write in the afternoon.

If you had to come up with a book title to describe your life, what would it be?

“Look Up” This would be my life story title because no matter what I have done in life, as a wife, mother, employee or writer I can’t do any of it without my personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Whenever I get stuck in life, I have to remind myself to “Look Up”. The most important thing in life is to never give up and keep looking up.

If you had a chance to have dinner with any author who would it be?

Mary Higgins Clark would be interesting to talk to. She began her career later in life, as I have, after losing her husband and being left to raise her children on her own. I find people who persevere and make it because they have no choice are the people you can learn the most from.

We all have family, work and other obligations...how do you maintain
balance while in the middle of a writing project?

Writing is my job and I treat it that way. If I have to write, I work and schedule everything else around that. Most of it is just doing it. Make a plan, stick to it and go. I have always multi-tasked. Even when my children were still at home, I was able to get my Criminal justice Degree. A schedule is everything! You just try to make sure each step is going forward so you don’t spin your wheels.

What is the one piece of advice you received about writing that helped you the most?

Never give up. You give up- you are done. Advice I’d offer someone else is this; realize what a responsibility and privilege writing can be. I believe as authors we don’t just reflect society, we have the power to influence it. So think about the mark you want to leave on the world.

Where can we purchase your books?
How can we keep up with you? (blog link, webpage, fan page)

I have a blog dedicated to the men and women who serve our country. Some of who are part of my family. CN Salutes http://cnsalutes.wordpress.com/ I have a blog dedicated to The Celia Kelly Series http://celiakellyseries.wordpress.com/
I have a blog dedicated to Strong women and men who are out in the world trying to make a difference, Featuring The Strong Women Series. http://cnbringsletstalk.wordpress.com/ My Website:http://cnbring.com/ My Book Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9oBXJAGwM4
My books are on Amazon, Barnes and Noble, Smashwords, Kobo, Deepershopping.com, New Christian Books

It all began with THE PACT !
Commander Celia Kelly is a perceptive Naval Intelligence Officer rebuilding her life after the tragic loss of her husband. Newly assigned a mission planning Intel for a SEAL Team…The suspicious suicide of a fellow Officer has Kelly questioning everything. Kelly discovers she’s been set up. Digging relentlessly, nothing is as it seems. Someone is after twenty million dollars that disappeared when Kelly’s husband went MIA and now that someone is after her! With surprises at the turn of every page, the original characters and three dimensional plot lines keep the suspense going until the very end. BUY NOW! At Amazon At Barnes & Noble At Kobo At Smashwords At Deepershopping.com



                                   Just how deep does THE LIE go?
A new President. A new team. A scandalous lie. In the latest of the Celia Kelly series, the Naval Commander finds herself caught up in political intrigue as the next mystery has her questioning everything. The President’s inexplicable past brings deception and danger into the White House. Death hits close to home as Celia directs a mission that collapses with the loss of a SEAL. After returning home Kelly discovers the new President may have had something to do with the mission’s failure. As secrets begin to unravel, they run over everyone in their path. The price will be high as Kelly and her teams finally uncover the truth. And just when you think that it’s over… it’s not!
BUY NOW! At Amazon At Barnes & Noble At Smashwords At Kobo At                                      Deepershopping.com



Can you handle The Truth?
Terrorism hits close to home killing the President’s wife, youngest daughter, and leaving his oldest daughter paralyzed when a bomb goes off in Washington, D.C.. Commander Celia Kelly and the SEAL Team are sent on a wild goose chase trying to negotiate with terrorist Amar Nycoffi in order to find a second target before it is too late. Everyone is at risk as the hunt begins for the second target… When a Navy SEAL becomes a prisoner, during the rescue, another prisoner, long forgotten, is discovered in a Middle Eastern prison. Celia finally finds the answers about her husband…Is he alive or was he part of the Pact? In the meantime, the Pact resurfaces and the truth about everything finally comes out. No one is who Kelly thought they were as the suspenseful action unfolds. Where will the truth lead them? Will this mission prove to be too much even for Commander Celia Kelly?
BUY NOW! At Amazon At Barnes & Noble At Smashwords

Last, but not least.....What and when is your next release? Provide a brief synopsis....

The newest book in the series is called The Disappearance. The CIA Deputy Director disappears and in the meantime there is a cold case murder to solve and the investigations intersect in a way no one sees coming.

2 comments:

  1. These sound really good! Tweeted. :)

    I commented before, but it disappeared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Susan! Yes, her books sound great don't they??

      Delete

Your comments are always appreciated!