Monday, June 9, 2014

A Writer's World Blog Tour - My Turn!

I was invited to participate in the world blog tour by my friend, Amber Schamel. Her blog post last week was terrific:  http://amberschamel.blogspot.com/2014/06/a-writers-world-blog-tour.html?spref=fb


A Little About Me:
A little over six decades ago (yikes!) this author, prolific blogger, reader, and avid Seattle Seahawks fan arrived in Wimpole Park, England. Being a military brat, I lived in England and Morocco as well as several U.S. Air Force Bases.  I am a former federal auditor and Army Reservist and recently retired as a background investigator.  I live in Vista, California and am a happily married grandmother of two (three in August) granddaughters. Although no longer in the workforce, I serve as a Regional Coordinator for the Silent No More Awareness Campaign, Co-lead Rachel's Hope After-Abortion Healing Retreats and sing in the Church of St. Timothy's (Escondido, CA) choir.


What are you working on? 

I currently have four (yep! 4) projects going:

Grave Obsessions – Volume III – Shackled Souls
The series follows the personal, professional and
spiritual struggles of Detective Dallas Keegan. 
In Volume III she embarks on her most atrocious
 and heartbreaking case to date.

Solace in Scripture
Personalizing scripture to help in the grieving process.

365 Days of Smiles – From the Hearts of Children
Inspirational words from children on gratitude and 
innocent observations on life.

The San Francisco Wedding Planner Series
A collaborative project with five incredibly talented authors.
The trials and tribulations of a wedding planner ...
A budding romance, meddling mother and
a staff of diverse and entertaining personalities

      How does your work differ from others in its genre? 
My devotionals and inspirational projects are based on how I use prayer, meditation and scripture in dealing with my own personal struggles.

I integrate faith in all of my work regardless of genre ... because God is omnipresent!

Why do you write what you do? 

Now that's a tough question! In a nutshell, I suppose my goal is to reach out to people and share God's message of faith and hope.

How does your writing process work?

I usually find myself writing in the wee hours of the morning when the house is quiet. I'm a “seat of my pants” fiction writer, allowing my characters to lead the way instead of using outlines, etc. When writing my devotionals, I seek out scriptures that apply to the subject at hand and speak to my heart.

 Thank You Amber for inviting me to participate!!!!


Visit these wonderful and talented authors next Monday!

Anne Baxter Campbell: http://www.pewperspective.blogspot.com
Grace Yee:  http://www.graceyee.blotspot.com
I.O. Kirkwood:  http://iokirkwood.com/
Jen Cudmore:  www.jencudmore.com


1 comment:

  1. I have read so many posts regarding the blogger lovers but
    this paragraph is genuinely a pleasant paragraph,
    keep it up.

    Stop by my blog; home design ideas ()

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated!