Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Veil

One of the many things I love about Mass is walking in and seeing the beautiful crucifix at the altar; however, it is currently veiled until Good Friday.  

Covering the crucifix has profound impact on the faithful by creating a strong yearning to once again see the beautiful face of our Savior.  It leads us to focus more on His great sacrifice for our salvation, and the importance of cleansing our souls through reconciliation and penance.

For me, it's a visual reminder of how much I need Christ in my life and how empty it was when I rejected Him...I was adrift in a world void of purpose and filled with hopelessness.  It was through His love and mercy I was able to finally find my way home.  Praise God!

For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him might not perish but might have eternal life.  For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but that the world might be saved through him.   (John 3:16-17)

...for, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  For one believes with the heart and so is justified, and one confesses with the mouth and so is saved.  For the scripture says, "No one who believes in him will be put to shame."  (Romans 10: 9-11).

 HAVE A BLESSED DAY



 

 


2 comments:

  1. Lovely post, Patti. At this pre-Easter time of year, it's good to have reminders to focus on Christ. Even though I'm not Catholic, I receive many blessings from your posts.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always appreciated!