Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Contact

Monday, March 31, 2014

Have a Seat ... Amber Schamel!

Amber Schamel is a multi-published author of Christian Historical Fiction. Her passion for history and culture has led her to travel extensively throughout the United States, Europe, and the Holy Land. Amber is actively involved in her church and enjoys volunteer work and music ministry.  Raised in a family of twelve children and homeschooled throughout her education, she currently resides in the beautiful state of Colorado where she also serves as bookkeeper and marketing director for their family businesses. Find Amber on her blog, or on all the main social media sites.

What inspired you to become a writer?

 I have always had an active imagination and even as a young girl I would make up stories and play them out in my make believe. I started writing those stories down when I was about fourteen. But the real calling came about the time I graduated from High School. I had been doing a lot of study on how media and books affect people's attitudes and worldview. It was astonishing how the subtle messages that have been worked into entertainment over the years has completely transformed our nation and our morals. I realized that someone needed to write stories that upheld morals, faith and godliness. The Lord then led me to Habakkuk 2:2 which says " And the Lord answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it." That became my commission.
    Which one of your books do you consider your “pride and joy”?   Why?
So far, I'd have to say The Swaddling Clothes. It was one of the most difficult to write because it basically follows the Jewish history from the time of King David to the time of Jesus. Covering so many characters and such a wide time space was difficult, and I thought there would be NO way in this WORLD that I would have it done in time for a Christmas release. But after praying through it, I was able to send the completed manuscript with all the extras (footnotes, glossary and pronunciation guide) in to my editor a week before my deadline. It was TOTALLY a God thing.
    Do you have any preparation rituals before you begin to write?
It starts off with a lot of prayer asking the Lord to 'teach my fingers to write'. He is always faithful. I also do a lot of my study and character development before I start writing, that way I have less interruptions once I begin. As far as a daily basis, I like to start with some prayer and Bible reading, then I read a little of the story I'm working on before I resume writing.
    If you had to come up with a book title to describe your life, what would it be?
Wow, that is a great question! It would either be "But for the Grace of God" or "The Only Thing That's Good in Me is Jesus."
    If you had a chance to have dinner with any author who would it be?
Why you, of course. ;)
    We all have family, work and other obligations...how do you maintain balance while in the middle of a writing project?
Haha, this is always a battle for the writer. It involves a lot of prayer, tightly managed schedule and usually less sleep.
    What is the one piece of advice you received about writing that helped you the most?
Hmm, I've received a lot of good advice. Probably the best piece of advice was simply "Keep writing, don't give up." Writing is an art, so eventually you will find someone who likes your style.
    Where can we purchase your books? (provide link) and how can we keep up with you? (blog link, webpage, fan page)
My books are all available on Amazon.AMAZON LINK
Some of them are also available on B&N Nook as well as Kobo.
You can find me on any of the main social media sites as well as on my blog and website. WEBSITE LINK
Blog http://stitchesthrutime.blogspot.com/
    Last, but not least.....What and when is your next release? Provide a brief synopsis....
Well, I just released Samuel Adams (volume 2 in HHP's Declaration of Independence Series) this past week. Synopsis: Liberty hangs in the balance. With Pennsylvania's vote divided, the declaration may not pass. Samuel Adams has two hours to convince the delegates to pass the document, or the lives sacrificed for freedom will be worthless.


My next release (Lord willing) will be book two in the Days of Messiah Series. I'm hoping to release it in late spring.  

10 comments:

  1. Hi Amber! It was nice getting to know you a little better.
    I would love to have dinner with Patti as well. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad we all live so far away Jen! Lunch would be great!

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for having me on today, Patti! It's really an honor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited to read all these interviews, Patti. Really enjoyed this one with Amber.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Marcia! Amber is always so much fun to have!

      Delete
  5. Great interview ladies! Nice to learn more about Amber.:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Karen! Loved having Amber as a guest!

      Delete

Your comments are always appreciated!