Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Silent No More



I'll be attending two very important events this month, The San Diego Walk for Life and The West Coast Walk for Life held in San Francisco.  I will be attending these events as a member and Regional Coordinator of the Silent No More Awareness Campaign and giving testimony as a post-abortive woman.  


I've discussed Rachel's Hope in a previous blog; however, have not explained Silent No More. The Silent No More Awareness Campaign is a project of Priests for Life and Anglicans for Life,whereby Christians make the public aware of the devastation abortion brings to women and men. The campaign seeks to expose and heal the secrecy and silence surrounding the emotional and physical pain of abortion.

The Goals of the Silent No More Awareness Campaign:

  • Reach out to people hurt after abortion, encouraging them to attend abortion after-care programs. Invite those who are ready to break the silence by speaking the truth about abortion's negative consequences and the path to healing.
  • Educate the public that abortion is harmful emotionally, physically and spiritually to women, men and families, so that it becomes unacceptable for anyone to recommend abortion as a 'fix' for a problem pregnancy.
  • Share our personal testimonies of hurt and healing to help others avoid the pain of abortion.
I have a link on the left side-bar of my blog to the Silent No More Awareness Campaign website that contains an abundance of information as well as written and video testimonies from around the world.  I encourage you to visit the site.  You will find it not only informative but eye-opening.

It was through my involvement with Rachel's Hope and Silent No More that inspired me to write my devotional "Redeemed", which is one more resource for healing.  The link to this book is also on the left side-bar under "My Books".







No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!