Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Personalized Scripture

I've almost completed my series of devotionals using an exercise in personalizing scripture. The purpose of the exercise is to draw the reader into God's word. The first of the series is dedicated to those suffering from depression, something I have struggled with for many years. The goal of "Behind the Smile" is to utilize scripture to compliment any course of treatment.  Please keep in mind personalizing scripture modifies the actual verses; however, the meanings remain the same.

The following is a sneak peek at what to expect from Behind the Smile, as well as the complete series: 



SADNESS

Everyone in the world faces sadness throughout their lives due to many understandable circumstances. It takes time to recover; however, eventually the sadness disappears. Not so with depressives. We are enveloped in heart-wrenching sadness for no specific reason and it hits us like a speeding train with no bells or whistles to warn of the approaching darkness. No matter where we are or what we are doing, the tears start flowing like a dam breaking.

It is difficult to describe the depth of sadness we reach. It's like being lowered very slowly into a deep, dark well that is filling quickly with those tears. Inch by inch we get closer to the bottom and know we will surely drown if we can't control our weeping.

Revelation 21:4: He will wipe every tear from my eyes, and there shall be no more death or mourning, wailing or pain, the old order has passed away.

Revelation 7:17: For the Lamb who is in the center of the throne will shepherd me and lead me to springs of life-giving water, and God will wipe away every tear from my eyes.

Psalms 116:7-8: Return, my soul, to your rest; the LORD has been very good to me . For my soul has been freed from death, my eyes from tears, my feet from stumbling.

Psalms 30:6: I will remember....For His anger lasts but a moment; His favor a lifetime. At dusk weeping comes for the night; but at dawn there is rejoicing.

Psalms 34:19: I am comforted knowing ...The LORD is close to the brokenhearted and saves those whose spirit is crushed.

Dear Heavenly Father, reach into that well of darkness and lift me up. With your loving hand, wipe the tears from my eyes so I can see the light of your love and the path to healing.

                                      

Look for the following releases in the near future:

     Behind the Smile - Overcoming Depression through Scripture and Prayer
     Steps of Faith - Living the Scriptures in Recovery
     Solace in Scripture -  Persevering Grief through God's Word


                                   HAVE A BLESSED DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!