Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Contact

Tuesday, December 31, 2013

2013 - A Year of Challenges, Choices and Change



Initials of all of us at the entry
to the new addition.
My husband and I started out the year with the completion of remodeling. My parents and uncle moved in with us in 2012 and because we only had two bedrooms and one living room, extra space was needed; therefore, we added an additional bedroom and family room. Five adults in one home instead of just the two of us presented challenges and change but as a family we've been able to make the adjustments necessary so that everyone is happy and comfortable.  The best part of this situation is knowing my parents and uncle wanted to live with us in their “sunset years”. That meant the world to Mike and I. It also reminded me of how blessed I am to have a husband that welcomed his in-laws into our home with no reservations whatsoever.


 Giving testimony with
Jennifer O'Neill (l), and
Georgette Forney (r).
God led me to San Francisco to speak in front of 50,000 people at the Silent No More Awareness Campaign rally preceding the West Coast Walk for Life. It was the first time I publicly gave testimony of my abortion experience. I was extremely frightened, to say the least, but when I stepped up and took the microphone, the Holy Spirit took over and the fear subsided.





The door of my office 
the day I retired.
  Crime scene tape and all!
Due to my mother's increased dementia and a broken hip, I chose to retire from my job as a background investigator to help my dad with her care. I loved my job and it was a heart-wrenching decision; however, it was most definitely the right one as my mom was recently diagnosed with cancer throughout her body and her time with us is short. I know it was God's will for me to retire as I now have the opportunity to spend irreplaceable time with her and give much needed support to my dad.




Rosemary Benefield, Me, Leslie Brunolli
Rachel's Hope
2013 brought several opportunities to co-lead Rachel's Hope Post-Abortion Healing Retreats which always brings joy to my heart … seeing the wonderful healing touch of Christ in the eyes of women who walked in with nothing but shame, pain and regret. We created a new program which will start in 2014 - one that will provide follow-up for those same women. This retreat will be mostly contemplative (silent) to provide them quiet time to reflect on their spiritual and emotional growth and share that growth as well as possible challenges they have experienced.



On Christmas Day we were given one of the best gifts ever! My step-daughter informed Mike and I she was pregnant! With my son and granddaughters living in Michigan having a grandchild 15 miles away will be wonderful. Wouldn't it be a blessing if my son and his family finally acquiesced to our constant requests they move back to California? Three grandbabies within hugging distance would be a dream come true! 



They say that when one door closes another one opens. And so it happened with my retirement. I've always loved to write so it was time to take up the challenge of getting published. The Holy Spirit led me to Helping Hands Press that accepted my work. Not only was my work published, I'm consistently given wonderful advice, assistance and encouragement. Through my association with HHP, I have met a multitude of wonderfully talented authors that also provide insurmountable inspiration.



The same three C's will follow me into 2014, but just as it was in 2013, accompanying them is the most important “C” of all ..... Christ.  








"May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love.  And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long ,how high, and how deep His love really is."
- Ephesians 3:17, 18 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

May 2014 also bring a Super Bowl win for my Seahawks!!!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!