Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Contact

Wednesday, November 27, 2013

And in this corner....



I was on the G-Zone blogspot radio show yesterday which was quite the experience. I had never been interviewed on a show before so I was obviously nervous. Giovanni was a gracious host.  He brought a feeling of familiarity which made me comfortable and less anxious.  I don't think I did too bad for a rookie, but for those out there who heard it, please feel free to provide feedback.  Don't worry, I can take it...!

Which brings me to the point of this post.  The last question was if there was a question I would have liked him to ask.  I answered accordingly; however, after going through the interview in my mind, I wish I would have chosen, "Being newly published, how do you feel about being in the ring with so many accomplished authors?" This would have been my answer:  

"One of the reasons I did not actively pursue getting my works published sooner was my perception of the writing world. I envisioned all publishers keeping newcomers at arm's length and authors putting on the gloves fighting tooth and nail to prevent anyone else from succeeding.  Was I ever wrong!  All I have seen and experienced thus far has been a never-ending source of encouragement, support and advice ... not just from my publisher, but their authors and others I have met through their social media circle. There's a camaraderie I would have never imagined. If only my fantasy football players would be so accommodating!"

With Thanksgiving tomorrow, I want to express my deepest gratitude to all of you who are in my corner of the "ring" and know I am in yours as well.


Let each of you look not only to his own interests,
but also to the interests of others."
Philippians 2:4

HAVE A BLESSED DAY











No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!