Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Words of Love


Us in 1953
I was sitting in the living room yesterday morning, sipping on a cup of coffee and my mom called out for me from the family room.  I thought maybe she needed help with her computer or wanted me to see something that happened on t.v.  I went in and she said, "I just want you to know how proud I am of you, not just for your writing (she's my biggest fan), but because of who you have become, and I love you very much".  I leaned down and gave her a hug and told her I loved her too.  I wanted to say more but for once I was speechless.

Hearing her say she was proud  means so much because I was the rogue child, a raging alcoholic who put her through pure hell. Through it all she never once gave up on me and I know her constant love and encouragement was an integral part in my recovery and my renewed faith.



Us in 2013
I hope she knows that I'm just as proud of her. She is the poster-mom for unconditional love. She has the biggest heart and has always been there for those who need help. Her strength through adversity is unfathomable. She never uses the word "can't" and when she falls, she picks herself up and moves on. She is my inspiration and the love I have for her knows no bounds.

I am humbled that she is happy living her golden years with us.  I learn from her each and every day and enjoy the times we sit, chat and laugh until tears run down our faces.  Most importantly we are creating many wonderful memories that I will carry in my heart forever.  Thank you God for blessing me with such a beautiful and extraordinary mom.



HAVE A BLESSED DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!