Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Contact

Saturday, October 5, 2013

TWO DATE NIGHTS IN A ROW!

Happy Saturday!

I had a wonderful "date night" with my husband last evening, we went to dinner then to the movie - Gravity.  The last time we went to a movie was when The Blindside was released, coincidentally both star Sandra Bullock.  It was the first time I went 3-D and what an experience!  It was worth the ticket price when I found myself grabbing my husband's hand during pivotal moments in the movie.

Tonight we attend the Pro-Life is Good Gala, sponsored by Culture of Life Family Services.  Being retired, I live in jeans and shorts so donning a cocktail dress will be a nice change.  I'm looking forward to delicious meal and great dinner conversation with good friends from Rachel's Hope.  The keynote speaker is Carol Everett, a former abortion clinic owner that, through the love and mercy of Jesus Christ, changed her heart. She now is committed to the pro-life movement and spreads a message of healing and hope to those who have experienced a pregnancy loss.  I've not heard her testimony so I'm packing my purse with Kleenex as I'm sure it will be haunting and emotional.

Speaking of testimonies ... I've finished updating mine for the 2014 Walk for Life.  Last year was my "inaugural" year giving testimony for Silent No More, in front of around 50,000 people.  I thought I would be nervous but the Holy Spirit was with me and I had wonderful support from my husband,  friend Leslie and all the wonderful women of Silent No More.  You can read or see my testimony at: http://www.silentnomoreawareness.org/testimonies/testimony.aspx?ID=275









No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!