Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Friday, October 4, 2013

Reflections



The cover of my devotional "Journey to Sunset"  is a reproduction of an oil painting I had done of my parents from a photo I had taken at Oceanside Beach.  Early this morning (3:00 a.m.) I sat in my living room thinking how blessed I am to still have them, my mom is 86 and my dad 85.  They moved in with us almost two years ago due to their advancing age and thank God they did. I decided to retire so I could stay home with them, but deep down in my heart I was worried I might be taking too much on ...  but reflecting on the past five months, I realize how fortunate I am to be able to be with them full-time, through good days and bad.  Knowing they have entrusted their care to me and wanting me to walk with them on their journey to sunset warms my heart.  What a wonderful opportunity to return the love and care they gave me as a child ~ life has come full circle.

Have a Blessed Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!