Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or Leader of Rachel's Hope, unless otherwise stated.

Contact

Sunday, October 13, 2013

No right or wrong.

Many years ago, I was in a life and death struggle with a personal demon - alcohol.  Although I was attending AA meetings, my spiritual life was not in order and I was slowly being pulled back in to the abyss of hopelessness and despair of addiction.  My sponsor was an "old-timer" and she could read me like a book.  She knew I was trying, but she was fully aware I was resisting the spiritual side of AA.  I had no problems reaching out to her or to others in the program, but I didn't know how to reach out to God and was too embarrassed to ask. She kept dragging me, kicking and screaming, to meetings secretly knowing I would hear the answer in His time... and she was right. One night someone was sharing about his problems with prayer and meditation and another "old timer" told him there was no script, no secret code, no right or wrong way to reach out to God ... you can talk to Him like you would to your best friend or just put yourself in a quiet place and just let Him envelope you in His love ... He will hear your heart.  I finally had the answer....which prompted me to write this:


Have a Blessed Day!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!