Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or any other ministries.

Tuesday, January 20, 2015

REFLECTIONS FROM THE WEEKEND





My husband and I ventured to Los Angeles on Saturday to attend its first pro-life walk, "One-Life LA", take some time for ourselves afterwards to see some sights and use the next day to kick back and watch the NFC Championship in our hotel room.  (I couldn't miss watching my Seahawks!).



One-Life LA was awe-inspiring.  For a first-time event, the crowd number was remarkable.  Over 10,000 people showed and my heart overflowed with joy seeing the number of young people in attendance.  Archbishop Gomez opened the event, and the speeches and testimonies were inspiring and heartwarming.  It is so important to spread the message that life should be protected, respected and cherished from conception until natural death. 






During these events, I carry my Silent No More Sign as well as a t-shirt that says, "I Regret My Abortion".  The number of women that approach me and whisper in my ear, "I do too," or others telling me they know of someone that is suffering, never ceases to amaze me.  God always provides opportunities to share hope and provide resources for healing. 





The following day, prior to the NFC Championship Game, we went to Mass at the Cathedral that was presided by His Excellency Archbishop Gomez.  What a blessing to be able to chat with him afterwards for a few moments about the success of the prior day's walk.




 
We all know how the NFC Championship ended, but it was a nail-biter for sure.  During half-time, my husband and I decided to take a drive and listen to the game on the radio.  To be honest, I was a little frustrated with my team and needed distraction.  By the time we reached the Santa Monica pier, I heard about the fake punt, on-side kick, and overtime win.  Lesson learned:  Never give up!  Instead of seeing those remarkable plays as they came, I was relegated to watch them in re-runs....not quite the same is it? 




At least we had a nice dinner and watched a beautiful Southern California sunset from the restaurant's window. 








All in all, it was a terrific weekend.  A celebration of life, faith, football and enjoying some much-needed quality time as a couple.  God is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!