Note

NOTE: Commentary is made as a private citizen and not as Regional Coordinator for Silent No More or any other ministries.

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Abandoned?

In my devotional, "A Mended Heart - Rosary Meditations on Forgiveness", I address an issue we all face from time to time ... absence of compassion and/or understanding from family or friends. It appears we are doing all the giving and when we are struggling, no one is around.  It's a difficult situation; however, it's imperative we don't let their shortcomings become our own.



Excerpt from "A Mended Heart"

Then he came to the disciples and said to them, “Are you still sleeping and taking your rest? Behold, the hour is at hand, and the Son of man is betrayed into the hands of sinners. Rise, let us be going; see, my betrayer is at hand.” 
(Matthew 26:45-46)


Christ was alone in that garden. He had asked if at least one of his disciples would sit with Him, but His pleas were not heard. We too are at times left alone, estranged and forgotten. Our cries for help go unnoticed. When we are sad, mourning or frightened, all we need is a sympathetic ear, someone to tell us they understand or just give us a warm, loving embrace. To suffer alone and in silence is excruciating and worsens the grief and fear.

Jesus, I know the pain of suffering alone and in silence. I longed for words of understanding and comforting arms around me; for someone to share my tears.  Help me hear the cries of help from my friends. May I show them compassion, understanding and warmth in their time of need. May I shed tears with them and lovingly support them as a true friend should.

My Lord, please be merciful to my offenders, to me if I have offended, and open my heart to forgiveness.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments are always appreciated!